If you’re a new dog owner, you may be worried about whether you have the ability to look after a dog properly as it’s a huge commitment. Fortunately it’s not hard to care for a dog. If you use these valuable tips, you’ll have a great relationship with your beloved pet.
1. Regular visits to the vet. Every dog needs an annual physical and updated vaccines ion the same way as people. However, dogs age faster than people so it’s better to have a vet visit every six months. Regular vet visits may help your vet notice problems that can indicate disease or sickness.
2. Dog training. If a dog is taught to behave properly, he’ll be welcome just about everywhere. If you don’t know how to train your dog, attending an obedience class together will help both of you learn what’s acceptable and what’s not. It’s vital that you teach your pet to heel, sit, stay and come. If he tries to run into the road, one of these commands may actually save his life.
3. Feed your dog properly. If you give your dog the best quality food possible, he’ll stay healthy and active for a long time. Being stingy and buying the cheapest food you may save money in the short term but that choice could end up costing a lot more money down the track. Dogs who have diabetes and/or are overweight can be very costly when it comes to vet bills and other elements required to care for him.
4. Neuter your pet. It’s critical that you have your dog neutered. The only exception to this rule is if he’s a first class member of his specific breed. Neutering your beloved dog when he’s six months old can prevent him contracting many of the common dog cancers.
5. Groom your dog. A dog feels wonderful after he has been groomed, in much the same way as people. Give his coat a regular brush, even if it’s short. His nails should be properly trimmed regularly so he can walk without any problems. If you wish, you could brush his teeth with a specifically designed toothpaste and toothbrush to avoid him having any dental issues.
Lastly, but certainly not least, is to give your beloved dog a lot of attention and love. If you play it smart and include all of these tips, you and your new best friend will enjoy a long, healthy life together.
Copyright CaninePals.Com. All Rights Reserved.